Planning a bachelor party should center around the personality of the bachelor. Is he fun and outgoing or is he more quiet and prefer not to be in the spotlight? Also, with the traditional bachelorette party, would she be comfortable with the more risqué, or would it be offensive? These are all important questions, which will determine the success of your bachelor party.
You can choose activities centered at home, or out in the community. Community gathering places include the traditional restaurant and bars. Increasingly popular are creative outings such as spas, sporting events, camping, and amusement parks.
Bachelor and bachelorette parties are associated with strip clubs and limo rides. There are also many creative “PG-13” ideas to make it fun for all!
Here are some activity ideas:
* Roast the bachelor. Include all kinds of funny memories and embarrassing videos or photos!
* Is the bachelor known for any particular hobby or activity? How about an all-inclusive sport such as bowling or ice-skating? It may have better participation than if the bachelor is known for sky diving or extreme sports!
* Gambling on a winner? Choose a casino night for an easy to put together bachelor party.
* Is a happy marriage in the cards? Use a fortune telling theme complete with palm readings and crystal balls.
* A western theme can be used to “wrangle” the bachelor into marriage. Decorate with “wanted” posters of the bachelor or bachelorette. Give a lasso as a prop to the bachelorette as a metaphor for “roping” her man to the alter!
* Create a time capsule to be opened in five years. Include some of his cherished pre-marriage items and a questionnaire about what he thinks marriage will be like. For example, “Who (bachelor or bachelorette) will there be “more of to love (weight gain)” in five years?” Make a video of the party to include in his time capsule.
* Board games or card game championships.
* Hold a couples party and play the Newlywed Game to see who’s most in tune with each other.
* Murder mystery party with a honeymooning script. Purchase murder mystery scripts or use a local murder mystery company to host the event.
* Hire a belly dancer or salsa dancer to give lessons and give the bachelor a little spice for his honeymoon. Everyone will have a good laugh as they try out their new skills!
I hope these bachelor party ideas helped spark some fun ideas for your upcoming celebration!
Every marriage starts with a lot of hope and dream about life long association filled with love and togetherness. But very few marriages fulfill the hopes of the participants in totality.
There are various reasons for this but here we single out 6 of those. Every young person who is planning marriage should be aware of these most common pitfalls.
1. Marrying for the sake of love without first checking the depth of love.
No denying that all relationships start with a sense of love and mutual liking. Committing to a long term relationship like marriage solely on the basis of that feeling of love is a mistake. Because most of the time this kind of feeling is superficial and can not pass the test of time. Romantic feeling dies as time passes and far more important issues like ‘family background’, ‘values’, ‘religious faith’, ‘financial stability’ raise their head, and these issues are of real importance which almost every body with feeling of mutual love ignore.
2. Marrying someone who does not share an interest or hobby.
While marriage with a person who does not share an interest or hobby does not itself make the marriage unstable, presence of such an interest or hobby can make life more enjoyable for both the partners. And this can make a real difference so while selecting life partner this aspect must be taken into account.
But for some reason or other this aspect is often overlooked before marriage. And efforts start after marriage to adapt the partner to one’s own interest or develop a new common interest. While that is not an impossible task, the process of adapting may become un- palatable and may lead to unstable marriage.
3. Not knowing what questions to ask for checking compatibility.
As discussed earlier that marriage decision based on initial sense of love may be counter productive. To make a marriage successful one should do some simple homework. Knowledge of future partner’s background and certain other things can play a crucial role here. But many young persons either do not try to know all these important facts or do not know what are important aspects s/he must know to make their marriage successful.
4. Thinking proper and careful quarries may offend her/him.
One may think that too much investigation about future partner’s background may not be a good idea. As the other partner may find it distasteful. This kind of thought process keeps many young man and woman from asking the right questions before marriage.
5. Depending too much on a friend or relatives recommendation.
A sizable number of young man and woman often get married on the recommendation of relatives or friends. While generally relatives and friends are regarded as well wishers, marrying on their recommendation is not a good idea. As their knowledge of a person can never equal to the knowledge the person has about herself or himself. So the person to be married is in a much better position to select compatible life partner. Best way out is acting on their recommendation only after successful completion of compatibility check.
6. Getting married to make somebody else happy.
Sometimes people get married to make someone else happy. It may be parents or it may be relatives. There is no problem in making someone happy if that does not jeopardize one’s own marriage. But most of time in such cases marriages occur without exercising enough caution. As a result one may end up marrying someone not compatible.
If you are really serious to make your marriage an exciting, loving and enriching experience you need to be careful about the above things before your marriage.