1000 English Proverbs B
187. Bacchus has drowned more men than Neptune .
188. Bad news has wings.
189. Barking does seldom bite.
190. Be slow to promise and quick to perform.
191. Be swift to hear, slow to speak.
192. Beauty is but skindeep.
193. Beauty lies in lover’s eyes.
194. Before one can say Jack Robinson.
195. Before you make a friend eat a bushel of salt with him.
196. Beggars cannot be choosers.
197. Believe not all that you see nor half what you hear.
198. Best defence is offence.
199. Better a glorious death than a shameful life.
200. Better a lean peace than a fat victory.
201. Better a little fire to warm us, than a great one to burn us.
202. Better an egg today than a hen tomorrow.
203. Better an open enemy than a false friend.
204. Better be alone than in bad company.
205. Better be born lucky than rich.
206. Better be envied than pitied.
207. Better be the head of a dog than the tail of a lion.
208. Better deny at once than promise long.
209. Better die standing than live kneeling.
210. Better early than late.
211. Better give a shilling than lend a halfcrown.
212. Better go to bed supperless than rise in debt.
213. Better late than never.
214. Better lose a jest than a friend.
215. Better oneeyed
216. Better the devil you know than the devil you don’t.
217. Better the foot slip than the tongue.
218. Better to do well than to say well.
219. Better to reign in hell, than serve in heaven.
220. Better unborn than untaught.
221. Better untaught than illtaught.
222. Between the cup and the lip a morsel may slip.
223. Between the devil and the deep (blue) sea.
224. Between two evils ’tis not worth choosing.
225. Between two stools one goes (falls) to the ground.
226. Between the upper and nether millstone.
227. Betwixt and between.
228. Beware of a silent dog and still water.
229. Bind the sack before it be full.
230. Birds of a feather flock together.
231. Blind men can judge no colours.
232. Blood is thicker than water.
233. Borrowed garments never fit well.
234. Brevity is the soul of wit.
235. Burn not your house to rid it of the mouse.
236. Business before pleasure.
237. By doing nothing we learn to do ill.
238. By hook or by crook.
239. By the street of ‘byandbye’ one arrives at the house of ‘Never’.
1000 English Proverbs B
Wining and Dining in Paris
How to Choose your Wining and Dining Arenas in Paris:
When you want to plan a night on the town, it is wise to make sure that you spend the night right. Therefore, check into the best wine and dine areas by visiting your local Travel Agent. Perhaps you can go online to find a wide array of fine wine and dine areas in Paris as well. There are many nice ways to spend your evening while you are in Paris.
If you enjoy cancan dancing, then you will love the wine and dine adventures at the lovely Moulin Rouge Paris. The Temple of French cancans has been taking place in Paris for 100 years now. As the lights deem and the curtain goes up, you will enjoy the show while feeling the magic in the atmosphere. Over 60 women in this show help you to enjoy the cancan dance. If you are not careful, you will be misplaced in the Doriss Girls and her Dancers beauty. While watching the show you will enjoy the 3-course dinner that is served with wine. Do not worry, since you will have a ride back to your hotel. Paris transport will pick you up and take you to the destination. Therefore, you can enjoy Paris’s fine wine without stressing. Remember this is a jacket and tie dinner so that means no casual cloths. This show will last about five hours. What a night!
For those of you who do not like cancan dancers, you may want to enjoy a meal and educational areas around Paris. The dinner is served at the Eiffel Tower. You will enjoy fine dining at Altitude in one of the 95 restaurants in Paris. On the first floor of the restaurant, the name 95 arrived due to the towering meter that is above sea level.
In this restaurant, you will be able to look out the big bay windows at the wonderful lights around Paris. This is not recommended for a romantic dinner, since you will be seated and dinning with the other entire tourist. This restaurant seats 200 people. The restaurant does not give you menus. Rather the staff serves what the menu as for the night offers. You can bring your children at this event.
If you are planning a romantic night on the town, you may want to consider the Seine Cruise, where you will enjoy a selection of entertainment, meals, wine and more. On the cruise you will enjoy find meals over the Champs-Elysees.
How to dress for your cruise in Paris:
This dinner is a formal meal, so you have to be dressed in formal wear. This means no casual wear. The cruise lasts about four hours or so. Here you will enjoy sailing under all the famous bridges that Paris has to offer you. This cruise does not offer drop off and pick ups at the hotel, so take it easy on the wine unless you are taking a taxi home.
Still one the cruise you will have a time of your life. Make it a romantic cruise for two and enjoy the wide array of fun and entertainment. To find out more about dinner outings while in Paris you can check with your local travel agent or go on the Internet for more information. Have fun.
A friendly word of advice:
At present travel agents online are offering up to 75% off cruises through Paris. The package includes hotel, cruise and more. To learn more about the packages visit the Internet and locate Vacation packages to Paris.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact Us
This is a post from: BalliGifts.com Your # 1 Online Store for Cool Gifts